DTG or Direct to Garment printing is the newest apparel printing technology. It’s sort of like printing on paper, except on a t-shirt. We can print just about any design directly onto the garment with no setup fees. DTG uses specialty water-based inks, which are absorbed by the fibers of the garment.
- There a few distinct advantages to DTG printing,
- No minimum order requirements.
- No need to take ink colors or into consideration. Your custom t-shirt design can have as many print colors as you want.
- Great for print on demand business models.
- Low upfront cost and no need to inventory designs. We can print the shirts as you need them.
Direct to Garment printing is not the best solution for all situations. Here are some things you should consider.
- Not cost-effective for large batches. Once you are over 24 items, you should start considering screen printing.
- DTG has limited design placement options, no whacky pocket prints.
- Unlike screen printing, DTG printing does not get much cheaper with quantity it's always the same unit cost.
- Not as durable as traditional screen printing.
- Not as vibrant on dark colors as traditional screen printing.